Covid-19 derailed our first group show, the Union. Scheduled for March 28 2020, we had to cancel as the country went into lockdown. Now that things are looking up, we’re back with the Re-Union, a bigger and better show.
Back in September 2019, when we first sat around a table and discussed all the things we wished we could see more of in the Long Beach art scene, we ended with a laundry list of ideas.
Art shows were definitely on the short list of ideas; we never thought we’d host our first show so soon after launching Art Clout. If things had gone according to plan, it would have been a mere six months after inception.
Introducing Re-Union, a group art show to celebrate visual arts in Long Beach. The show will be held November 13 – 21, 2021, at the Catalyst Art Gallery on Pine Avenue.
If you are a resident of or have a studio in either Long Beach, Lakewood, or San Pedro and you’d like to be considered for the show, please read through our full submission guidelines (below). If you have any questions, reach out to us at ArtCloutLB[at]gmail[dot]com.
Submission Deadline: 10/8/21
Submission Guidelines for the Re-Union
Make sure to read through the submission guidelines completely. Deviations on any submissions might keep you out of the event, so please be thorough.
Show Dates and Location:
November 13 – 21, 2021
Catalyst Art Gallery
433 Pine Ave.
Long Beach, CA
- Open to all artists who live or work in Long Beach, Lakewood, or San Pedro.
- 2D and 3D works of all media are accepted.
- Three size categories (you may submit a piece in each category, for a total of 3 entries max):
- Small (not to exceed 12” x 12” for 2D / 12” x 12” x 12” for 3D)
- Medium (not to exceed 24” x 24” for 2D / 24” x 24” x 24” for 3D)
- Large (not to exceed 36” x 60” for 2D / 38” x 36” x 34” for 3D)
- All works must be finished (no wet paintings, please) and ready to hang or display. 2D works must have hanging wire and 3D works must come with a white pedestal (if needed) or able to be affixed to the wall. When hung, 3D media may not extend more than a 12” from the wall.
- Work should be recent; within the last couple of years. Artists may not submit the same work they submitted for the original Union.
- Provide 1 to 3 JPGs, formatted as follows:
- Minimum size is 1200 x 1200 pixels
- In the body of the email, provide the following information for each work:
- Name of Artist
- Title of work
- Price or indicate Not For Sale
- Provide a short artist statement including any information about your most recent exhibitions, if applicable
- Be sure to include links to your portfolio website and/or social media accounts
- Email your submissions to: ArtCloutLB[at]gmail[dot]com
- Submission Deadline: 10/8/21
Art Clout will not be handling any art sales or taking commission. All interested inquiries should go directly to the artist. For artists accepted, a small participation fee of $10 is required to help cover costs.
We do request that the work stay up through the duration of the show. Art Clout and the Catalyst Gallery are not responsible for any possible damage or theft that may occur to your work. Every artist is responsible for insuring their own work, if desired.
Covid-19 protocols will be in place. Masks will be required in the gallery, and a staggered opening will allow artists to ensure that the gallery does not become overcrowded.
If you have questions, email us at the same address noted above.