Art Clout is proud to announce an exhibition of work by local artists in collaboration with Long Beach Creative Group. Art Clout sees this as a strategic and mutually beneficial partnership which will serve to connect Art Clout artists with the gallery’s existing attendees, and introduce Art Clout artists and their patrons to the gallery, the Group, and to the artistic legacy of Rod Briggs.
Perhaps more importantly, it serves as a positive example to the arts community that working together benefits everyone. We are two independent groups who wanted to serve the artists of Long Beach. Now we are joining forces to inspire people to do more things collaboratively. It establishes the importance of communication between arts groups and galleries in Long Beach.
- SHOW DATES: May 21 to June 18
- SUBMISSIONS OPEN: March 14
- SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: April 21, 11:59 PM
- ACCEPTANCE NOTICES: Acceptance emails will go out by Friday, April 29
- DROP OFF DATES: Saturday May 7 and Sunday May 8, 1 – 3 PM.
LBCG Gallery 2221 E Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90803
- OPENING: There will be two openings, one on Saturday May 21, and the other on Sunday May 22, 1 – 4 PM. Accepted artists will get an email informing them which group they are in.
- REGULAR GALLERY HOURS: Friday, Sat, Sun, from 1 – 4 PM.
- ART PICK UP DATES: Saturday June 18, 4 PM-5:30 PM, and Sunday June 19, 1 – 3 PM.
Curating and exhibition details
- Open to all visual artists living/working in Long Beach/Lakewood/San Pedro (includes students)
- Works must have been created within the last 12 months and have never been shown at the LBCG gallery.
- 2D and 3D works accepted, maximum size is 30” in any direction (including frame for 2D pieces; for freestanding 3D pieces the height can be longer, but will be reviewed on case-by-case basis).
- 2 submissions per artist, max. Must be ready to hang, no sawtooth hangers, completely dry. Artists with 3D pieces may need to provide their own pedestals.
- All artwork in the show must be for sale.
- Work must be appropriate for all audiences.
- No fee to submit, but there will be a $20 participation fee per selected artist.
- Provide 1 to 2 JPGs, formatted as follows:
- Minimum size for JPGs is 1200 x 1200 pixels
- In the body of the email, provide the following information for each work:
- Name of Artist
- Title of work
- Provide a short artist statement including any information about your most recent exhibitions, if applicable.
- Be sure to include links to your portfolio website and/or social media accounts.
- Email your submissions to: ArtCloutLB[at]gmail[dot]com.
- LBCG will handle all sales, and there will be a 35% commission to LBCG.
- There is a 10.25% sales tax on all items sold.
- LBCG will reimburse all artists for their share of sales.
If you have any questions, send them to ArtCloutLB[at]gmail[dot]com.